skip to main content
Search: Keyword:
 

  Mission Statement  

Small Town...Big Thinkers!

ADMINISTRATORS................................................are building a Safe Haven

FACULTY/STAFF....................................................are building Expectations

STUDENTS................................................................are building Imaginations

COMMUNTIY MEMBERS.....................are building Endless Opportunities

PARENTS..................................................are building Tomorrow's Leaders

  About The School  

The History of Graceville High School

Back of Old High School
Back of Old High School

     In the 1870's, a one room log building was built on the corner of present day Mixon Street and 12th Avenue. In 1885, the first students attended school in that building known as the Enterprise School. School days often ran from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. School ran in two six week sessions, the first in early summer after crops had been planted and the second after crops were harvested. The school didn't provide busing or lunches. In 1899, the Enterprise School was torn down.

     By 1910 though, Graceville had twelve grades and in 1911 a two story building was built on the site of present day Graceville Elementary School.

     With the population increasing and the concept of middle school developing, in 1975 Graceville High School, as it stands today, was built.  A new middle school wing began construction and opened in 2002.

     Graceville High School will continue to grow and change as the years continue to roll by.  GO TIGERS!!